There are many ways to prepare, cook, and eat salmon, and the fish’s high protein content and omega-3 fatty acids makes it a healthy food choice. As a sturdier fish, salmon can take the heat of a grill with its thick skin that keeps the meat intact while cooking. And grilling a salmon is easier than ever with the perfected method that boils down to 5 simple steps and is ready in under 20 minutes! The best BBQ salmon recipes are straightforward and make a tasty dish that will make people keep coming back for more.
Must Try BBQ Salmon Recipes
There are more complicated ways to prepare salmon for the grill, but if you’re looking for foolproof BBQ salmon recipes, here are quick and fast recipes well-revered by everyone’s who have tried it.
Most Popular Grilled Salmon Recipe
With over 3000 reviews and a five-star rating, this is one of the most popular BBQ salmon recipes online. It’s easy and takes 15 minutes to prep and after 2 hours in the fridge, another 15 or so to cook. Here’s what you need:
- Season the salmon fillet with salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the fish into a resealable bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Keep in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Lightly oil the grate and place salmon on the grill. Cook the fish for 6-8 minutes per side or until you can flake the fish easily with a fork.
The ‘Perfect’ 15-Minute Grilled Salmon
Add another easy grilled salmon recipe to your regular dinner menu with this recipe that has been shared over 13000 times! The secret is in the House Seasoning made of 1/4 cup of garlic powder, dried minced onion, dried parsley, kosher salt, and dried basil.
- Cut salmon fillet into four individual pieces.
- Rub each piece with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle the about 1/4 teaspoon of your House Seasoning to taste per piece.
- Place salmon on the grill and cover it for about 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the piece.
Cedar-Planked Salmon Fillets with Broccolini
If you’re feeling adventurous, try this cedar-planked salmon recipe:
- Soak 1 untreated cedar plank in water overnight.
- Cut salmon into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and Dijon mustard and spread the paste on the salmon.
- Toss broccolini in 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place the cedar plank over medium heat and close the lid for about 5-10 minutes until it smokes and chars.
- Flip the plank over and place the salmon pieces and broccolini on it.
- Grill with the lid closed until salmon is cooked and broccolini is crispy.
- Toss broccolini with 1 tablespoon of orange zest and serve with salmon.