Nothing can replace tasting the meat you meticulously prepared and smoked for just the right amount of time. The satisfaction of finally eating and sharing the delicious and perfectly seasoned meal is one of life’s small joys. And a barbecue master is only as good as his tools, so, when you’re looking for a new smoker, it’s best to get one that’ll give you the results you’re looking for.
What to Look for in a Good Propane Smoker
Before you go through the many, many, propane smokers the industry has to offer, it’s important to know exactly what you’re looking for. Here are some questions to ask yourself while selecting a propane smoker:
- How easy is it to set up?
- What’s the quality of the build?
- How dependable is it? Does it last?
- What maintenance is involved?
- Is using the smoker straightforward or complicated?
- Is the burner proportionate to the gas smoker’s cabinet?
- Is the burner protected from exposure?
- What kind of fuel does it use?
- How much does it cost?
Overall, you’re looking for a smoker that you can set up with no problem with well-constructed parts and performs consistently for an even, thorough cook. Finding a smoker that needs the least amount of maintenance is a win because a difficult clean can deter you from using the smoker often. Finally, the price of the smoker should be within reason with the features it offers.
The 30” Masterbuilt MB20052318 MPS 230S Propane Smoker
The Masterbuilt MB20052318 MPS 230S Propane Smoker is a vertical smoker that is easy to set up and easy to use and gives consistent results every time.
Here’s what the Masterbuilt Smoker offers:
- Push button ignition
- 4 chrome-coated smoking racks
- Porcelain-coated water bowl that can be removed to add more flavor and moisture
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Porcelain-coated disk bowl for flames to reach wood chips and shield the burner from grease
- 15,400 BTU stainless-steel burner
- Air dampener to control moisture, temperature, and smoke
- Adjustable door latch as well as an inner door liner to keep heat in
Around the $200 range, the Masterbuilt MPS 230S is a high-quality, entry-level gas smoker for barbecue chefs of all skill levels to get their meat smoked right. It weighs around 60 pounds and is relatively easy to move from the garage or shed outside. But don’t let its small size fool you, the smoker can fit 2 turkeys, 4 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs, or 8 chickens at once!
Set it, Forget it, Then Eat It
If you’re the type who enjoys the eating part over the barbecuing part, a gas smoker like the Masterbuilt MPS 230S is the smoker for you. All you have to do is set the temperature, set your timer, and then put in your meat! No need to worry about accidental fires since it’s easy to adjust the temperature.
You can experiment with different meats and flavors to perfect your recipe ideas. For the irreplaceable goodness of smoked meat, you can make your own easily with the Masterbuilt MPS 230S!